Assistant District Attorney, Bronx County, New York
- Criminal Court Bureau: handled assorted misdemeanor cases from arrest through trial.
- Grand Jury Bureau: indicted countless felonies including homicides.
- Narcotics Bureau: trial attorney assigned a diverse felony caseload including assorted narcotics (undercover buy and busts, observation sales, street stops, car stops, search warrant cases, including A-I felonies), burglaries, robberies, weapons (firearms) possessions, assaults, attempted murders and others.
- Major Case/Housing Task Force: focused on career criminal and major offenses. A division of the investigations bureau. Caseload included homicides, long term buy opeations (narcotics and/or firearms); use of undercover officers and/or confidential informants, search warrants; pattern robberies and burglaries; long term multi-jurisdictional eavesdrop warrants, and other major offenses including homicides (from pre-arrest investigations through jury verdict).
- “Felony Trial Bureau: supervisor in a unit with approximately sixty felony prosecutors.”
- Courts: Experience in Criminal, Supreme, District and County Courts.
- Jurisdictions: Queens, Manhattan (New York County), Brooklyn (Kings County), the Bronx, Staten Island (Richmond County), Nassau and Suffolk Counties (Long Island), Westchester and Rockland County and Federal (United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York).
- Juris Doctor [J.D.] Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York.
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A.], American University, Washington, D.C.
- The National Trial Lawyers, top 100
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- New York State Defenders Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
- Received highest rating [10 out of 10] on www.avvo.com a prestigious legal information and lawyer review website.
CONTACT MR. BOOKSTEIN:Tel: 718.275.7500